Asia, Carbon, Carbon2Markets, DAAC, Data bank, Free data, GIS, GOFC, GOFC/GOLD, GRACE, GTOS, iLEAPS, Image Processing, Indonesia, Khon Kaen, LCLUC, MAIRS, Meeting, Monsoon, NASA, ORNL, REDD, remote sensing, Satellite, SEA START, SEARRIN, Thailand, TRMM, USGS, WIST, workshop
NASA-LCLUC Science Team Joint Meeting with MAIRS, GOFC/GOLD and SEA START Programs on Land-Cover/Land-Use Change Processes in Monsoon Asia Region
Khon Kaen, Thailand, January 12-17, 2009
GPS address: N 16 25 46.5 – E 102 49 49.7
Official Website, click here.
- My Personal Album, click here (view photos in Google Earth).
- More pictures from participants, click here.
About Khon Kaen city, click here.
- Short movie of Field Trip to rural area (Kam Muang village in Kao Suan Kwang district and Pra Put Tabat village in Ubonrat district):
The movie above can be downloaded to play in your computer (FLV format), click here.
- Carbon2Markets – Globally measuring, monitoring and managing carbon projects.
- Monsoon Asia Integrated Regional Study (MAIRS)
- GOFC/GOLD – Land Cover Implementation Team Project Office
- GOFC/GOLD – Fire Monitoring and Mapping Implementation Team
- GOFC/GOLD – REDD – A sourcebook of methods and procedures for monitoring measuring and reporting
- The Southeast Asia START Regional Center
- Global Terrestrial Observing System (GTOS)
- Earth Observation and Modelling – Univ of Oklahoma
- The Role of Land-cover Change in Montane Mainland Southeast Asia in Altering Regional Hydrological Processes Under a Changing Climate
- Indonesia LCLUC case study
- South East Asia Regional Research and Information Network (SEARRIN)
- Integrated Land Ecosystem-Atmosphere Processes Study (iLEAPS)
- … and many more (will be added later…)
- Consensus methods exist for assessing the accuracy of remote sensing-derived (singe-date) land cover maps (pdf).
- WIST, the Warehouse Inventory Search Tool, is a client for searching and ordering earth science data from various NASA and affiliated centers.
- The USGS Global Visualization Viewer is a quick and easy online search and order tool for selected satellite data.
- The Data Pool at the Land Processes Distributed Active Archive Center (LP DAAC). The Data Pool is an online archive that provides, without a charge, FTP access to selected LP DAAC data products from both the Terra and Aqua satellite platforms.
- The Oak Ridge National Laboratory Distributed Active Archive Center (ORNL DAAC) is a NASA-sponsored source for biogeochemical and ecological data and models useful in environmental research. All of our data sets and model products are free of any costs to you (including shipping).
- The Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission (TRMM) is a joint mission between NASA and the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) designed to monitor and study tropical rainfall.
- GRACE (Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment), twin satellites launched in March 2002, are making detailed measurements of Earth’s gravity field which will lead to discoveries about gravity and Earth’s natural systems.
All material (presentation) can be downloaded via official website in the near future.
To participants and visitors who interest in this workshop, your comments are welcome…